Wednesday, July 22, 2009

r.i.p.

Nope.
Not another m.j memorial post.
This time, something very close to me has just died.
Mushboom.
My favorite little longkang mushroom.
A few weeks ago, there it was in the school drain.
An innocent looking wee little mushroom.
Pitifully gathering moss from the drain, its host.
From the moment I saw the mushroom I knew I would never forget it.
The way its spores were formed, velvety smooth surface with just a tint of dirt to give it a rugged feeling.
Mushboom, may you rest in peace.
Join your dead friends who died tragically during fungi risotto meals and mushroom soups.
May all of you be reunited in a circle of vegetables wearing hats.

___________________________________________

A moment of silence for our dearly beloved mushboom.

___________________________________________

0 Comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com